Sunday, March 27, 2016

Jean-ius

Confession time: I'm 4'11."" I usually tell people I'm five feet tall, but height measurement devices say otherwise. The point is, I'm very short, and finding well-fitting clothes off the rack can sometimes prove to be a herculean task. Especially when it comes to pants and jeans.

I usually resort to (1) folding them up (outwards or inwards, depending on the dress code), (2) just letting them bunch up around my ankles (resulting in a sloppy/unpolished look) or (3) having a tailor trim them from the hem. The latter practice, aside from being tedious (I'm lazy), is problematic because it ruins or distorts the cuff circumference, particularly when skinny jeans are involved. That is, unless you taper from the inseam as well, which is even more tedious. 

Enter petite sizing, God's gift to the vertically challenged women of the world. Granted, many brands' petite sizes still run too large/long for me (local or foreign), but once in a while I get a respite from my shopping woes and find clothes that actually fit. Zara, it turns out, is very petite friendly. A few weeks ago, I found jeans there that miraculously cut right at my ankles, and voila, my legs have found their new best friend.

This is from the Z1975 denim line. I also got a pair in a blue wash.
Who knows, these could really be mid-calf pants designed for taller women, but they fit too well for me to care. It has the right length and silhouette, and still gives my ankles room to breathe.
I expect my legs and these jeans to be best friends for a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment